Friday 23 November 2012

wish petals

Dress c/o Wish; ASOS heels

Maxi dresses are tricky things. Often they are too sack-like (i.e shapeless), too poofy, too tube-like you can barely put one foot in front of the other when walking, too long you end up tripping on your own hem..

This silk piece in a light, refreshing, almost-white shade of mint offers not only an a satisfying swish, but also adjustable tie-up details for a comfortably cinched waist.  Throw in a sweet scalloped neckline, let it sit low across the back with thin, delicate straps and you get a dreamy, ultra-feminine maxi I'd imagine worthy of being bridesmaids dresses at an outdoor garden wedding. We shot this atop a rocky cliff - nothing like donning a beautiful dress and feeling on top of the world, wind in your hair, fluttering petals in hand. And introduced a bit of dangerous fun after, putting our rock-climbing skills to the test ;)

I had intentions for my hair to look like this - braids, perfectly messy. Clearly my hairstyling skills aren't quite up to par yet!

Photos by Eric Trinh and Thomas Lo
 [ facebook / tumblr / twitter ]

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It really is, such a beautiful subtle colour and I haven't gotten over how amazing the simple criss cross straps are! x

      Delete
  2. That dress looks stunning on you! And I know what you mean about maxi dresses, I have the same issues, but mainly with the length, so heels are always adorned with maxis for me :)

    x
    mags

    blog.lapetitemademoiselle.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) So glad you share my sentiments - I adore maxis so much but it's always a challenge to find the 'perfect' one! x

      Delete
  3. really really beautiful photos. and i like the way your braid came out!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message! x